For International and non-JUPAS local students, applications normally open from mid/late October. For further details, please visit the OAFA’s website. Application deadlines are divided into the following two categories for admission 2021:
Early Application: 17 November 2021
Regular Application: 6 January 2022
Promising applicants can expect to be contacted for an interview (via Skype) after receiving receipt of their application. Early applicants who do not hear back from CUHK by 31 December should assume that their application will be considered with the Regular Application pool.
The Chinese Studies programme admits students through the following schemes with respective entry requirements via the Office of Admission and Financial Aid (OAFA).
- Gaokao students or those who have taken the Gaokao before are not eligible for this programme.
- Non-local (International) students refer to those who are holding/ will require a –
- Student visa/ entry permit;
- Visa under the Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates; or
- Dependent visa, who are aged 18 years old or above before 1 September of the year in which they are admitted to relevant post-secondary programmes in Hong Kong issued by the Director of Immigration.