In order to qualify for admission into the MA in Chinese Studies Programme, applicants must:
- Have an undergraduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university overseas, in mainland China, or Hong Kong, with honours not lower than Second Class or an average grade of not lower than “B”; or completed a course of study in a tertiary educational institution and obtained professional or similar qualifications equivalent to a bachelor’s degree.
- Fulfill the English Language Proficiency Requirement by:
- having obtained a degree from a university in Hong Kong or taken a degree programme of which the medium of instruction was English; or
- submitting the original score reports/certificates of one of the following tests:
- IELTS (Academic Module): overall result of at least 6.5;
- TOEFL: total score of at least 79 (internet-based) or 550 (paper-based);
- GMAT: score for the component “Verbal” not lower than 21
- submitting one of the following online English tests as an alternative (special arrangement applies to 2023-24 intake in view of COVID-19 outbreak)
- TOEFL-iBT Home Edition: Overall 79;
- IELTS Indicator: Overall 6.5;
- IELTS Online: Overall 6.5;
- GMAT Online Examination: Band 21 (Verbal)
Priority will be given to applicants who demonstrate good English skills. Applicants found to have used an intermediary/agency to handle their application will be at a disadvantage.